The Over and Back Classic NBA Podcast dives into the last great games for all-time great players like Michael Jordan, Dirk Nowitzki and Dwyane Wade.
The return of one of our favorite series: the last great game for all-time great players. In this edition, we’ll look at the final great games for:
- Michael Jordan
- 43 points four days after he turned 40 years old.
- Dirk Nowitzki
- His last home game as a member of the Dallas Mavericks.
- Kevin McHale
- 30 points in the 1993 NBA Eastern Conference First Round.
- Dwyane Wade
- 35 points off the bench as he winds down his career with the Miami Heat.
- Gary Payton
- “The Glove” putting up 27 and 11 for the Boston Celtics
- Artis Gilmore
- Two games in 1987 where Gilmore turns back the clock with his patented double-double ability.
Lastly, some bonus research on triple-doubles including instances of triple-doubles with 10+ points, 10+ assists and 10+ blocks, triple-doubles with 10+ points, 10+ rebounds and 10+ blocks.
This episode of Over & Back is brought to you by Stathead.com! Use our code BACK to receive $20 off any of Stathead.com’s powerful sports research tools.
Listen on YouTube:
Subscribe to our NBA history podcast
Thanks for listening, downloading, subscribing, and supporting!